Thursday, January 30, 2014

PS: I moved to Michigan?

That's right folks. Jared got a job in Walled Lake, Michigan as a mechanical engineer with a company called Williams International. They design jet engines. Or something like that. We had 3 blissful weeks together. And now Jared goes to work everyday. And I spend way too much time on Pinterest. However! It paid off. Look at our aDOORable new doormat:



I bought a plain coir mat at Bed Bath & Beyond, taped some stencils down, and went to town with a paint brush and some porch paint. It was super easy. **Update: I added three coats of an outdoor varnish to maybe help the paint last longer - I let it dry after each coat** And I'm so excited about it. Because now our apartment won't be covered in salt. Because it snows so much here, and everyone puts so much salt on the ground. And now people can wipe their shoes off on our handy little doormat before they come inside. I keep talking like people come over to our apartment often. They don't. So far it's been: The Relief Society president and her councilor, and the repair man.

In other news, I've crossed a whole bunch of things off my bucket list. Thanks to that handsome husband of mine. And, I'm becoming quite the cook, thanks to a cookbook my newly acquired sisters-in-law gave me. And there's a blog to match! Their recipes generally take a few ingredients that I don't already have, so some planning ahead is required. But boy! Do they turn out delicious.

Also, we recently took a trip to the Detroit Michigan temple - it was only 30 minutes away! It is the smallest temple I've ever seen. Our bishop told us it's called a parking lot temple. The stake center next door was bigger. But it was beautiful nonetheless. And the spirit was just as strong as it would be at any temple. What did Jared have to say about this tiny little temple? "I could jump and touch the angel Moroni."

We're selfie masters. Because we don't have any friends.

Guys. I have FIVE followers. So here's a shout out to you ;) Alright. Gotta go make lunch. Bagel sandwiches are on the menu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment