Friday, March 11, 2011

I love to see the temple.

Attention, attention everyone: I just got a carabiner for my ATC. A real life, hard core, locking carabiner. I am now well on my way to having a full rock climbing equipment collection. Did I mention how excited I am about my carabiner? I was in Ogden with my dad and he told me I could choose between getting ice cream and going to the new rec. store. Yeah, guess what I chose? If you are ever in Ogden (which I always spell O-d-g-e-n...) you must stop by Recreation Outlet. It's this new hip recreation store. It's on the street above Grant Street and south of the Ogden LDS temple. I also got a free key chain carabiner with the purchase of my real life, hard core, locking carabiner. Seriously. Check. It. Out. The store, I mean... and my carabiner. PS. There is a guy who works there and he is from New Zealand. And that makes the store infinitely cooler. 




Speaking of the Ogden temple - I went there today with my dad. It was kind of like, coming home. I didn't realize before today how much that temple means to me. And now, in just a couple weeks, it's going to be torn down and rebuilt with more modern fashion. If anybody wants to get married in the Ogden temple before the first week of April, let me know. I'll marry you. 


So, I've come to the conclusion that my little brother has more of a social life on school nights than I have during the weekend... or while I'm on Spring break. Seriously, he was out with his friends until 11:30-ish tonight and I was home making cupcakes. That's basically all I do these days - make cupcakes. My BFFLBWASH, Kaleigh (who can play guitar hero on expert, as I found out tonight), was with me - but we've known each other so long that she doesn't really count toward me having a social life. I used the same recipe that I used last time, but I made cream cheese frosting this time. I'm normally not a huge fan of cream cheese frosting, but this stuff was good. I kind of feel like Martha Stewart now... 

Cream cheese frosting recipe:
Ingredients (Makes about 2 cups)
  •         8 ounces cream cheese
  •         8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  •         2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
  •         2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions
1. Place cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add butter, and beat until fluffy.
2. Reduce speed to low; gradually add sugar, and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, and mix to combine.
***Also, you should probably refrigerate it before you use it. Maybe that's a common and well known fact among cream cheese frosting fans... but I didn't know that. AND the cupcake recipe can be found here: http://alihancey.blogspot.com/2011/01/welcome-to-my-friday-night.html

So I'm watching Sahara right now. I seriously love this movie. The book is much better, I'll admit that, but as far as books-turned-movies go, this one is pretty good. And now, I'm going to leave you all with some quotes from my favorite part:

Dirk: Al, did you bring any of the the explosives from the cars?! (whatever)
Al: Couldn't find um'!
Dirk: Al!
Al: Didn't have time!
Dirk: Al!
Al: Of course I brought the explosives!

No comments:

Post a Comment