Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I eat chalk

I got to use my brand new carabiner last Wednesday when I went rock climbing with Steve Houston (who, by the way, is an awesome rock climber)! It was so exciting! And my carabiner is awesome. And so is Steve. Okay.

Don't worry, I don't really eat chalk. One of my high school English teachers does, though... However, I do draw with chalk! Instead of spending Saturday in solitary confinement, I spent it lounging in the sun and drawing with chalk along side my roomie (I would have said, "along side Allie", but that could get confusing) and a million other people in our ward. SIDE NOTE: Allie and I (see, confusing!) participated in Relay for Life Friday night(forward slash)Saturday morning (5:30 pm - 8:00 am). And back to chalk: So, there was this huge group of us just hanging out in the sun and drawing with chalk. It was like I was five again! Except... I guess college students are more artistical (is that even a word?) than five year olds. Okay, the whole reason I'm writing about chalk is because I drew a super cool picture (except, it's more of a design... or something). And I already know how un-humble and vain I am about it... I also already know that un-humbleness and vanity are not good qualities. Trust me - I'm working on those. Well, without further adieu.... 




PS: it rained THAT NIGHT(forward slash)and the next day and it washed all the chalk away! In honor of the rain, I give you...
  The Beauty of Rain

Slipping down the mountains, hills, and roofs - 
forever and ever, down and down,
cascading into the unknown.
Each one landing where none has before.
They fall, and this is the beauty of flight.

Every drop bouncing gracefully onto the pavement,
mimicking its brothers.
The slide with practiced ease over the rough surface
until coming in contact with each other.
They dance, and this is the beauty of movement.

Landing on trees, cars, and tongues - 
creating their own personal rhythm and voice.
Each unique sound coming together
in an unwritten symphony of whispers.
They sing, and this is the beauty of rain.

**I wrote that bad boy for a creative writing assignment in high school.

Oh, after we drew with chalk, we went to Angie's and cleaned TWO sinks. You want to know something funny? There were SEVEN of us that went to Angie's - FOUR girls and THREE boys. The girls were as follows: Allie, Ali, Jessi, Jessi! (That's how we were sitting and everything!). Isn't that funny? PS: I look awesome (which is secret code for horrible (just keep in mind that I had been drawing with chalk right before this)) in both of those pictures. But how I look is not the point. The point is that we cleaned TWO sinks. After we ate two plates of nachos. Yeah, deliiish.


No comments:

Post a Comment