Monday, October 17, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Say it with a Sean Connery accent, it sounds better. Not that it doesn't sound good with an American accent (I just had to look up Sean Connery to make sure he wasn't American - how embarrassing). Doesn't it sound intriguing? The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin. Well, I thought it sounded intriguing, which is why I bought it (in hardback!) from Barnes and Noble (I had never even heard of it before) approximately (by approximately, I mean exactly) 5 days ago. And finished it in a matter of hours. It was indeed intriguing. And suspenseful. And romantic. (When I blog stalk people, and I come across book reviews they posted, I skip them. So no worries, this is all I'm saying on the matter of Mara Dyer). Here's one link, and two links; go look it up. It's awesome. (A word of caution - there is some pretty horrible language at times (now I feel guilty for admitting that I liked it...))

I work at a school called Spectrum Academy. It's an autistic charter school in North Salt Lake. I love it. The kids are all so awesome. I was working in a third grade classroom today, and a bunch of the kids pulled out these things called "speed stackers". Basically, it's a set of like, 9 cups (that was a total guess) and you stack them and unstack them. And you see who can do it the fastest. So naturally, when I got home today, I looked up speed stacking on Youtube. Seriously, who knew stacking cups could be so cool?



Also, check out this lovely blog. I have kind of fallen in love with it... A lot. Andalsopinterest.
Now, go to this blog and check out what I did this weekend (while in Logan, the city that holds my heart (weird, I know)).

No comments:

Post a Comment