Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pointless Post #1

This isn't the first pointless post I've ever written, but I think I might start a series...

I almost just wrote an entire paragraph about how ridiculously unkind the women on The Bachelor are. But I stopped myself.

On a different note, I helped a 5th grader see that it is better to be accountable for your actions than not! It was a joyous moment indeed. Getting through to the autistic children I work with is one of the BEST feelings ever. I was teaching math today, and after I explained the lesson, one of the boys in my group raised his hand and said, "Miss Ali? Thank you for explaining that to me! I never understood it before now." Seriously, best feeling ever.

I read a book to my 5th graders a couple days ago entitled, Diary of a Worm. The worm writes in his diary that he made a macaroni necklace in school. The illustration shows a bunch of worms with macaroni noodles around their necks. As in, one macaroni noodle was the entire necklace. It was so funny! Unfortunately, the 5th graders didn't get it. And I couldn't stop laughing.

Another good feeling? Finally being able to put the money from the wisdom teeth clinical trial into the bank.

I am hereby amending my facebook resolution. Previously stated: "Saturday is facebook day". I am now adding Wednesday. If I was going to school, and it was distracting me from homework, then I would say just Saturday... but after work, I don't really have anything to be distracted from. I'd still like to use it less though. So,  Wednesday and Saturday are now facebook days. In all honesty, the days I go without facebook feel so much more accomplished. And it's not that I'm actually accomplishing anything other than not getting on facebook. That was slightly more embarrassing to admit than I thought it would be.

I just bid $20.00 on a pair of Boy Scout socks... Also more embarrassing to admit than I originally thought.

Fun fact: I hate shopping. I hate walking around stores looking for clothes. I hate trying clothes on. I have recently discovered the perfect solution: online shopping. It's wonderful! And addicting. And it means I get mail, and that is always a bonus.

Alright loves, goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment