Sunday, January 1, 2012

We are being REAL. Again.

Last year I posted my new years resolutions to my blog, and honestly, I think it helped. So it's happening again.


As I said last year: "I’ve decided to save myself from justifying my “goal breaking” in the future, by justifying them now. That way, in the future, I won’t be breaking any goals when I decide to eat an extra cookie every once in a while or when I really am too tired to wake up for that miserable 9:30 class of mine. The reason you all get to know my goals and guidelines is because these are really things I want to accomplish this year. If you write a goal down, you are that much more likely to accomplish it. So what if anyone who wants to can read your goals? That’s got to give me an even better chance at this. And trust me, I’m going to need all the “much more likely’s” and “better chances” I can get.  So here’s to hoping!"


Seriously.
  1. No fast food: It worked out well for me last year, so I'm doing it again. This year no fast food means: chain restaurants (i.e. Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Dairy Queen, etc.); ice cream from fast food restaurants (i.e. ice cream cones, shakes, blizzards, malts, frozen hot chocolates, etc.); deep fried food from other restaurants (i.e. corn dogs, french fries, steak fries, any kind of fries, egg rolls, wantons, etc.). What IS allowed? Once a month: Chinese and Costa Vida. Ice cream from a carton is allowed. 
  2. No soda pop: Seeing as how I already gave up caffeine (meaning Dr. Pepper), this shouldn't be too difficult. This seriously means no soda for the whole year (including root beer floats).
  3. No candy: We just going to give this a shot - see how it turns out. No chocolate based candy (snickers, butterfinger, etc.), no sugar based candy (skittles, pixi stix, etc.). NO CANDY. Period.
  4. Exercise: I bought a gym pass, so it's a lot easier to exercise now. Weird, I know. I would like to go to the gym at least 2 times a week. The only exception to this will be the months of June, July, and August. Because I will be at scout camp.
  5. Early to bed: When it's a goal, it's a lot easier to do. Bed time = 11:00 or earlier every weekday (this includes Sunday).
  6. No sleeping in: I waste so much of my day sleeping in. Seriously, if nothing wakes me up, I will sleep until 12, guaranteed. By no sleeping in, I mean: out of bed by 10:30.
  7. Save money (stop spending money): This really needs no justification. 
  8. Less facebook time: Lets go with...  Saturday = facebook day. I'm not very hopeful for this one... 
Alright kids, I hope everyone had a wonderful new years celebration. Good luck to all those with resolutions - and to those without, perhaps you will need the luck even more. Good night, loves.

1 comment:

  1. wait. Im mad. who am I going to eat snickers and sprite at midnight with?!

    ReplyDelete