Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wake me up when September ends.

A little Green Day, anyone?

As of yesterday, Jared and I have been married for 8 months. You might be asking yourself where the time has gone. And so am I. And also the summer? Can I get a holla? Because it's basically fall. Guess who loves fall? This girl. mostly because of the whole sweaters and boots get up. And word on the street is Michigan is beautiful in the fall. Which like, Michigan has more trees than any place on the entire planet, so of course it will be beautiful in the fall. The point of all this is that I have the best husband in the world (he does the dishes every night!), and I am so blessed that I get to be with him forever. Well, enough rambling about that, now I'm going to ramble about:

RUNNING.

Because I went running today for the first time in who knows how long. Anyone want to guess how far I went? I hope you are not thinking too highly of me in this department. I went a whopping 0.60 miles! And it took me 10 minutes. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate running? But, that's what it takes to get in shape. I'm hoping to make it to 0.70 miles by next week. hah.

Okay, guys. I last left you at Niagara Falls. Can I just say really quick how awesome Jared is at planning cool things for us to do? He is so cool. I don't even know why he likes me. Last weekend we went to a freaking NFL game. Yeah. We saw the Lions. Want to know the best part? The tickets were $3 a piece. (it was preseason). The stadium didn't allow big purses (what?), but we didn't know that and therefore had a huge bag full of candy. They made us walk allllll the way back to our car to put my purse away. The moral of this story: if you are going to a game at Ford Field, don't take a big purse.

(PS: I figured out how to make all my pictures huge!)
Next on the list: Jeffica! Jeffrey R. Holland, Jefferson, Jeff came to see us! He came all the way to Detroit just to see us! Didn't you, Jeff? Just kidding. He was on a business trip. But we still got to play with him (it almost make up for the fact that he didn't come to our wedding because he was "sick"). We spent a lovely Saturday afternoon playing disc golf at Willow Metropark. Which is like golf but with Frisbees. I got a blister. And gave up by the 10th hole (basket?). But it was fun!
You've never seen so many trees, have you?

The disc golf course was in a forest. with tons of bugs. 

 Jeff!
Sorry I'm so wordy.

On Labor day we went to this cool Polish Festival in Hamtramck, which is like this little Polish community in Detroit. We watched some weird Yacht races (people run down the street pushing pushcarts while the audience throws water balloons and stuff at them), and ate lots of yummy polish food. Jared said Hamtramck reminded him a ton of Poland.



What a hottie.
We spent the rest of the day at the Lake Erie Metropark - which we wrongly assumed would have a beach (it's on Lake Erie for heaven sake). We went on a cool little nature trail and didn't see ANY wild life. But it was still beautiful.








So there you have it. You are all super cool and we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment