Sunday, November 20, 2011

I bet that by the end of Summer, you will be a professional race car driver.


In 2005 my dad created this thing. It’s called the 38 Days of Truth. Basically, he challenged the youth in my ward to read the Book of Mormon in 38 days. It turned out to be a huge success, and now, several other wards in my Stake take this challenge every year. I’m not going to say a whole lot about it here because I feel like so far, I’ve done a pretty good job of keeping my religious beliefs out of my blog (for the most part), and for some reason, I like it that way. You might be thinking, “Why would Ali even bring up the 38 Days of Truth if she’s not going to say anything about it?” Well, allow me to explain. I have created this fancy new page entitled: I Believe. It can be accessed by clicking on the “I Believe” tab. It’s the tab right next to the “Daughter of the Donor” tab, which is next to the “Home” tab, which is the first tab. So, if you are interested in my beliefs (or the 38 Days of Truth), feel free to check out my fancy new page.

Moving on... 
This is my
Bucket List
      1.      Change lanes on the freeway without using a blinker
      2.      Row boat ride on a starry lake
      3.      Donate my hair to “Locks of Love”
      4.      Kiss in the rain
      5.      Get something published
      6.     Ride the “Wonder Wheel” at Coney Island
      7.      Make a big donation to a charity
      8.      Enter a contest
      9.      Learn how to play the guitar
      10.  Learn all the words to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
      11.  Ride a real roller coaster
      12.  See snapping turtles float down the Mississippi River
13.  Get my ears pierced 
14. Go an entire year without eating ANY candy

Now, you might be asking yourself, "What is the point of this?" Allow me to elaborate. Remember this post? Well, the first line of it says, "Getting something published may or may not be on my bucket list..." Now, go take a look at numero 5. It was definitely on my bucket list. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment