Thursday, January 20, 2011

T-t-t-tommy!

I go through these “anti-facebook” phases every couple of months. I realize that I spend way, way too much time on that dumb site, and then I resolve to not get on for at least a week. And it works. I’ll go a week or more without getting on facebook and I always feel so accomplished (I feel like I’m talking about a drug addiction or something). Well, I missed my friend’s birthday because of my “anti-facebook” phase and it really made me start to think. I didn’t realize how much I’ve come to rely on facebook.  I have to have it remind me about my friend’s birthdays instead of writing them on my calendar myself. Or when someone gets their mission call! I don’t know this for sure, but I bet that one of the first things they do after they open it is go and post it on facebook. Yeah, it’s a great way to let everyone know where you are going, but it’s so impersonal. My friend got his mission call a couple weeks ago and he called me and told me where he was going. Believe me – that is so much better than seeing it on facebook. Just one more thing about facebook and then I’ll be done. I just watched The Social Network last weekend. They mentioned how people say things like, “Facebook me!” Since when has “facebook” become a verb? Okay. I’m done now.

You know how girls write letters to their “future husband”? Well, normally, I think those are weird. However, my adorable roommate Allie wrote one and posted it on her blog and I read it and LOVED it. So I asked her if I could post it to MY blog and she graciously allowed me to. So, here it is, by the ever lovely Allie Marie.

http://www.newyorkparkingticket.com/Portals/41340/images/ShapiroBerezin---quotation%20mark1.jpg
http://cdn.worldcupblog.org/italy.worldcupblog.org/files/2010/07/Right-quotation-mark.jpg Husband, I want to show you that there's a reason to be sick with love. I want to show you the magic we'll feel when our lips touch. I want us to dance together to our own madness. I want us to skip along those fine lines in life. I want us to play video games together. I want us to go against the flow. I want us to kiss in the rain. I want us to enjoy the simple things in life. I want to cuddle next to you. I want to be able to never get enough of you. I want us to get lost in our own world. I want our hearts to skip a beat very time we hear each other say "I love you." I want us to be an unstoppable force. But most of all.....I want us to find each other.

Isn’t it great? I especially love the part about playing video games. Mostly because I love video games. Okay. If I say anything else, I’ll probably ruin it.

Just one more thing: “T-t-t-tommy!” is my FHE pa. I went rock climbing last night and I love rock climbing and I love looking at people’s calf muscles when they are rock climbing and I saw Tommy when I was rock climbing – I wasn’t looking at his calf’s though – and I love saying “T-t-t-tommy!” Try it. It’s fun. Also, I got to use my brand new harness last night. And then I wore it to cold stone. And I love Stephanie Dansie. And I love that she loves to go rock climbing. And now I have someone in Logan to go climbing with. And I don’t care that haters in Provo have passes to climbing gyms and get to go all the time. And I’m not bitter or jealous about it. At all.

Also, my blender got stolen today.

4 comments:

  1. WHY DID YOUR BLENDER GET STOLEN!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it turns out that my neighbor was in dire need of blender in the middle of the day and he knows where our hidden key is. He figured he could take it, use it, wash it, and return it before anyone noticed... But we noticed. So his plan didn't really work out and I thought that my blender had been stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that friend who called you to tell you about his mission call sounds like a great guy. I wish all guys could be as considerate as that. It really is so much more personal and exciting. Friend, you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know how you aren't bitter or jealous about those Provo climbers. I've heard they have an amazing rock climbing gym with a huge bouldering area, insane lead climbs, and even crags, all only two minutes away from the dorms. I would kill for a pass to be able to go every day between classes and stuff. I'm sure I would get pretty strong and fluid going every day like that. If only. I'm certainly bitter and jealous, I wish I knew how you do it.

    ReplyDelete