Sunday, January 23, 2011

i heart art

[Snow Horse Gallery]
About three years ago, my dad came up with the idea of putting an art gallery in a big empty hallway located in the Davis Conference Center. Today, after three years of hard work, the Snow Horse Art Gallery had its grand opening. Nine different artists had their work hanging in the gallery. Prices of paintings ranged from under $600 to over $5,000. The Mayor even made an appearance and cut a ribbon. That's right, there was a ribbon cutting. It was a big deal - well, at least to me it was. My parents always say to me, "If you want something badly enough, there is nothing stopping you from getting it." Throughout the course of the past three years, my dad has asked many different people to donate their money, time, and skills into this gallery. With help and encouragement from my mom, my dad made this happen. He worked hard  until this gallery was complete. I know that what my parents always say to me isn't a really complicated concept, but now I understand the amplitude of it. My dad didn't let thousands of dollars and countless hours of work get in the way of his gallery. He didn't let anything stop him from accomplishing this. I have people tell me all the time that I got all my weirdness from my dad. I’m going to reach deep down inside myself and find his motivation. Here's a link to an article in the Standard Examiner about my dad and the gallery: http://www.standard.net/topics/features/2011/01/20/wsu-art-grad-inspires-snow-horse-gallery


[Brandi Carlile]
Seriously, check her out. Lately, I've been pretty obsessive over three things: One - blogging. I just can't get enough of it! Two - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Gotta have that six pack by June! And Three - Brandi Carlile. I listen to her while I blog AND while I work out. Oh, and while I'm walking home from school and while I'm doing homework and while I cook and while I eat and while I clean and even while I brush my teeth. But not while I'm sleeping. I highly recommend Norah Jones for that, though. This is weird. I'm not normally one to rave and rant about music - THAT'S how much I love Brandi Carlile. She is a little different, though, so beware. And be ready to fall in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment