Monday, December 5, 2011

Dancin' with myse-elf uh uh u-... Oh.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean the bathroom when you can't stop dancing in front of the mirror? It's hard kids, it's hard.

So, I could give this whole little soliloquy... monologue?... about how I don't want to be dancing with myself for the rest of life... but I'm definitely not going to. Because secretly, I pretty much only dance when I'm by myself. Or when I'm with Valery. Or when I'm at scout camp. And some times when I get really excited. But that's it.

I recently started watching How I Met Your Mother. And there is one episode about embarrassing moments. Now, many people know that my life is basically an embarrassing story. So much so that I don't really get embarrassed any more. And I also no longer really feel awkwardness. Because my life is also basically an... awkward story (see how awkward that was?). And it's also a lame story (that's probably a story for another time... actually it's not. It'll come right after the embarrassing and awkward stories.

Embarrassing story: I work at Camp Loll during the summer (as you may or may not already know). What do I do at Camp Loll, you ask? I am the Trading Post department head. That's right kids, I'm in charge (there's actually only me and one other girl in there (who has actually worked there longer than me), and the only reason I'm the department head is because I'm older...). Back to the story. So, every Sunday at noon, we have a department head meeting. Basically, all the department heads meet together (... obviously) and talk about their departments (I know, this is probably hard to follow). One lovely Sunday afternoon, I forgot about the department head meeting. At approximately 12:08, one of the boys on staff reminded me, "Uh, Ali? Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting right now?" Yeah, it's good that everyone on staff remembers the department head meeting... except one of the department heads. So I took off running. Now, I was in the girls cabin, and the meeting was in the lodge. Fun fact for you: the girls cabin is not that far from the lodge. How long is a football field? 100 yards? Kay, I don't even want to guess how many yards or whatever, just know: the girls cabin is not even a football field away from the lodge. I promise this will get funny (and embarrassing). By the time I get to the meeting, I'm panting. Like, hard core out of breath. I quickly take a seat next to the field sports department head. As soon as I sat down (do you like how I just switched from present to past tense? I do) the field sports director leaned over to me and asked, "Where'd you run from, the water front?" Ba-dum, ch! Because the water front is way farther than the girls cabin... get it? And I only ran from the girls cabin! Ha ha, so embarrassing...

Awkward story: I have this horrible habit of talking non-stop. I used to tell people that I do it only when I think a situation will be awkward if it is silent. Trust me, I am awesome at talking about the most random things off the top of my head. I could probably win a contest. One time, my roommate gave me a ride back up to USU from Layton. We hadn't known each other long, so that was a situation I deemed awkward were silence to transpire (that was a good sentence, huh?). The entire car ride I was talking non-stop. I kid you not, I did not stop talking for 55 minutes straight. Well, a couple of months later, after my roomy and I were better acquainted with each other (really good friends, actually), that car ride came up. Normally when I talk a lot... I realize that I'm talking a lot, but I don't realize that other people realize that I'm talking a lot. So, that car ride came up, and my room mate mentioned how weird she thought I was for talking so much. It turns out that... not every one sees silence as horribly awkward...

Lame Story: My friend Kaleigh (I can use her name because she's the one that is making me look lame here) said she found this website that let's you do the P90X video workouts for free (if that doesn't make sense, I'm sorry, I've never heard of P90X, and I've never been to the website). So she just texted me and told me what an intense workout she just did, and then she asked if I did it. My reply? "No... I cleaned the bathroom".

Oh the life I live...

No comments:

Post a Comment